The Compassionate Care Committee offers support to any member of the sangha* (community) in need of temporary assistance (one week or less) due to a significant life change, such as childbirth, illness, or bereavement. Support can include meal delivery, rides to and from doctor’s appointments, or minor errands. Support can also include companionship in the form of visits or check-in phone calls.

All are welcome to request assistance. Please call (978) 743-9049. Your request will be treated with respect and privacy.

*A sangha member is anyone who has attended our weekly meetings or retreats. You do not need to have been attending regularly or recently to receive assistance.

Community Resources

Share Center

Share provides emergency and ongoing support to individuals and families in need in Milford, Amherst, Brookline and Mont Vernon, New Hampshire. Assistance is provided in the form of food, clothing, emergency financial assistance and linkages to other area resources.

Home Health and Hospice

Provides in home nursing and therapy services, as well as hospice care.


Bridges is a nonprofit organization that provides free and confidential services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence, child sexual abuse, elder abuse, stalking, and harassment.

We provide crisis intervention, emergency shelter, court advocacy, support groups, and education and outreach to both women and men.

Teen Job Bank

Will do almost any odd job, as long as it’s safe and they have someone to match the skill required. For example: drives to hospital, yard work, cleaning out attics, errands, etc.

Currently has 15-20 youth ages 15+. They prefer to hire youth 16+ to drive and for maturity to handle situations.

Program runs year-round.

Souhegan Valley Rides

Provides rides for non-emergency medical appointments and essential activities.

Cost is $2.00 each way, exact change only.

  • 603-880-0100 ext1 (to arrange a ride)
  • 603-860-1202 (Mobility/Planning Manager)
  • Services Wilton, Mont Vernon, Milford, Hollis, Brookline and Amherst.


ServiceLink is a program of the NH Department of Health and Human Services. They help individuals access and make connections to long term services and supports, access family caregiver information and supports, explore options and understand and access Medicare and Medicaid.

They are an agent for NH Aging and Disability Resource Center and NHCarePath.

They link adults living with disabilities to services needed.

There are many services and support information provided on the website.


Provides food and other basic subsistence to Mont Vernon residents in timely manner.

Town Welfare Officers

  • Amherst: Andy Clifford, 603-673-6041 ext. 210
  • Brookline: Jessica Royea, 603-673-8855 ext. 300
  • Hollis: Town Administrator, 603-465-2209 ext. 101
  • Milford: Susan Drew, 603-249-0672
  • Mont Vernon: Nicole Hopcraft, 603-673-6080
  • Wilton: Andrew Clifford, 603-654-9451


211 is New Hampshire’s first statewide, comprehensive, information and referral service.  NH residents can dial 211 to be connected, at no cost, with trained referral specialists who can provide them with the health and human service information they need to get help, give help or discover options.